Friday, August 31, 2012

New Guide Live - "Weekend Break: Tbilisi" over at Unanchor Travel Guides

I enjoyed ringing up Rod McLaughlin from the Azumano Travel Show on Portland's KPAM radio for an interview about my latest articles for the Huffington Post on Tbilisi and Batumi, part of a series of interviews I'll be doing for KPAM Portland on travel in Georgia.

For you early birds out there, the show airs this Saturday Sept 1 6:00 am Pacific Time (that's 9:00 am EST) on Portland's AM860 (or live here), with a repeat on Sunday Sept 2 at 11:00 am Pacific/2:00 pm ET. Will do my best to upload the audio to my website following the airing of the interview.

Taking a city break in the Caucasus? My new Unanchor weekend guide to Tbilisi - Georgia's romantic capital - covers everything from the decaying grandeur of the Sololaki district to the trendiest nightclubs in the shadow of the Narikala Fortress - is now for sale from Unanchor Travel Guides for just $4.99

(As, as always, my professional website can be found here.)

2 comments:

Maya Topadze Griggs (Soccer Mom Style) said...

This is great. I started reading your guide and had to stop on day 1 because I was getting too nostalgic.
Wish this came in a regular map/book format.... Still though thinking of getting a PDF version. It's been over a decade since I visited Georgia (my homeplace) and I'd definitely need some guidance on new/old spots.
I just recently discovered this Bresson book from 70's which has several pictures of Georgia. Please check it out in my post:
http://byebyesoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-georgia-henri-cartier-bresson-in.html

xx
Maya

Maya Topadze Griggs (Soccer Mom Style) said...

I can't wait to actually use this guide next year (hopefully I'll visit Tbilisi in 2013). Just purchased it and left a feedback (seems like their feedback is an email format). Anyway, I think I did it right. Never used Unanchor.com before...

I also put a link on my Facebook page, so hopefully you'll have some more people interested from this :)
xx
Maya