Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Flat Redecorating

I'm too tired to write anything substantial tonight, so - instead - the long-awaited Flat Post! I live in Abanotubani, a district of Old Tbilisi known for its sulfur baths (which can be a luxurious, Orient Express alternative when my hot water goes off), in a two-bedroom apartment with a semi-private terrace (the apartment next door is unoccupied), views of Metekhi Church, and a gregarious, unbelievably lovely Georgian family upstairs that toe the line between landlords and hosts!


And now, a self-congratulatory paean to my decorating skills:
Living Room, before and after (art nouveau theme)

Why yes, that is my lovely boyfriend in the photo, why do you ask?


I'm especially proud of the art nouveau knife stand.


Study, before and after (Orientalist fantasy)





Bedroom, before and after (Florentine villa)


View from my street

8 comments:

Emma said...

You're so good at the whole fabric draping thing.

Invisible said...

Tara,

Do you know how much a place like that runs in Tbilisi now?

Fleur Flaneur said...

I pay $400 a month, not including (very reasonable) bills. The flat has 2 bedrooms, a gorgeous/large terrace, an eat-in kitchen, marble bathroom (sporadic hot water), and is steps from the baths. My landlady has two flats in the building to let (one with a STUNNING view of Narikala Fortress, bigger than mine, for $500, and a slightly mold-infested one-bedroom for $300) if you're interested...

Deborah Nagy said...

Wow, your apartment is simply just stunning! I love what you've done with it, and that view is simply to die for!

Invisible said...

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the info. I will definitely contact you if moving back to Tbilisi will materialize in some forcible future.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I might be interested in at least having a look at the bigger place. How can I get in touch with your landlady?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I might be interested in at least having a look at the bigger place. How can I get in touch with your landlady?

Fleur Flaneur said...

Hi,

Email me at tara isabella burton at gmail (no spaces) and I'll give you the landlady's number!